Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 21st Quilt Celebrations!

Okay, I think I'm officially as behind as I've ever been on posting a celebration!  I'm sorry for that.

On the 21st, we had two wonderful quilts to celebrate, one of which we've kind of done before.  But it's a good one to re-celebrate!

So, first off, Annie and Connie brought the Double Irish chain they've been making for a woman who loved Connie's own blue and white Irish Chain so much at Connie's bed-turning at our quilt show, that she wanted to buy it.  "Well, no," says Connie, "it's my Honey's."  So the gal paid them to make one for her instead.  And this is it.





Isn't it fabulous?!?  And Barb quilted it and isn't that fabulous?!?
I like it so well, I think I'll be making something similar!

Beautiful work, ladies. All of you!

* * * * * * *

Then Virginia's quilt made a reappearance.  Geralyn brought it in to show us the completed project, replete with labels and pockets on the back for all the documentation of who worked on it.  And they are positioned upside down (from normal) so that when Charlie shows people the back, he doesn't have to twist it around, just turn it up!





Thanks for bringing it in, Geralyn.
It is such a beauty.  The detail is amazing.

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful! I love the Double Irish Chain!

    ReplyDelete